Using a suite of advanced technologies for increased productivity and turnaround time, the intelliPATH FLX is the intelligent choice for anatomic pathology and research laboratories. It is a fully open system with continuous random access and prioritised STAT capability, delivering maximum flexibility to meet the needs of your laboratory. A suite of high performance technologies includes simultaneous Multiplex IHC capability, “no touch” liquid level sensing, and simultaneous X and Y movement to help provide the most rapid turnaround time and sheer volume of IHC results available.
Whether your workflow involves running large slide batches, discrete small batches, or a combination of batch and STAT slides, the intelliPATH FLX delivers the right solution with an innovative slide staining system, optimised reagents, and award-winning technical support for a variety of applications.
Flexible, fully open system
The intelliPATH FLX is a fully open system, allowing you maximum flexibility to meet your laboratory’s unique needs. This innovative system allows for the use of reagents from any source. Alternatively, for laboratories that require reagents that are pre-optimised specifically for the intelliPATH FLX, reliable detection reagents and convenient predilute antibodies are available from Biocare.
With the intelliPATH FLX you can select from any of Biocares validated protocols or simply create your own. There is no minimum requirement for use of Biocare reagents.
• Fully open system to meet your laboratory’s unique demands
• Select from Biocares validated reagents and protocols or create your own
• Flexibility to run different IHC protocols on every slide
Convenience, productivity and ease of use
The intelliPATH FLX offers multiple technologies for added convenience and ease of use. The system provides on board preparation of heat labile chromogens and enzymes. True ‘walk-away’ operation is enabled with pre-run notifications such as “add buffer” and “empty waste”. Incorporation of features such as the ‘no touch’ ultrasonic liquid level sensor speeds time-to-result.
2-D matrix labels can be printed for both Biocare and third party reagents as well as patient slides, virtually eliminating manual data entry and reagent or patient identification errors.
The intelliPATH is also capable of utilising a proprietary Research Software that provides an enhanced design tailored to address the specific needs of users within the translational research, drug discovery, veterinary pathology, and other tissue-based areas.
• No-touch, ultrasonic liquid level sensor for faster run times
• Cold station supports on-board chromogen and reagent mixing for walk-away operation
• Waste separation reduces hazardous waste disposal costs
• The optional Research Software offers greater flexibility of the user interface to maximize efficiency and improve workflow in research labs
Simultaneous Multiplex IHC
The intelliPATH FLX is the only complete system capable of true simultaneous Multiplex IHC staining. Multiplex IHC with up to five antibodies may be performed on a single slide with Biocare’s patent-pending Multiplex IHC detection kits and antibody combinations. Multiplexing enables the lab to increase revenue per slide, while reducing slide workload and multiplying the capacity of the intelliPATH FLX instrument.
• Multiplex IHC has virtually the same turnaround time as a single stain
• Conserves precious patient tissue
• Reduces labor and reagent costs by ≥ 50%
Continuous random access
The intelliPATH FLX allows you to schedule your IHC runs around the unique needs of your laboratory. By running up to 5 simultaneous and independent batches, you no longer have to wait until one batch completes to start running your next batch. Prioritised STAT samples can be added at any time, without disrupting runs that are in-progress.
• On-demand slide processing adapts to your lab’s unique workload
• A high volume batch analyser and STAT instrument in one
High speed and throughput
The intelliPATH FLX is designed for rapid turnaround time. Laboratories can complete up to three runs of 50 slides in a single 9-hour shift. With Multiplex IHC, intelliPATH FLX can deliver up to 450 reimbursable IHC tests in single shift.
Increased slide capacity means a reduced number of IHC instruments in your laboratory. Thus, you spend less time doing validation and maintenance of multiple instruments.
Decreased time-to-result is achieved through use of technologies such as simultaneous X-Y motion and a 10 slide capacity reagent syringe.
• Intelligent scheduling software optimises time-to-result
• Prioritized STAT slide processing for IHC results in just over 60 min
• 150 slides/shift – up to 450 reimbursable results with Multiplex IHC
Connect and manage
Manage, communicate, and organize your data intelligently with the intelliPATH FLX. You may control up to four intelliPATH FLX instruments from one computer. The report generation module creates multiple reports on all runs and tracks reagent usage and tests performed by month, quarter and year. The software architecture allows sharing of all protocols and case lists between intelliPATH FLX instruments.
Uni- or bi-directional LIS interfaces are compatible with XML and HL-7 messaging standards. LIS interface technology saves hours of hands-on-time spent entering patient and test information.
• Link up to four instruments to one computer
• Tracks reagent lot numbers, expiration dates and remaining reagent volume
• LIS interface compatibility with HL-7 and XML messaging standards